Message fro the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- It is with deepest regret that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kenya has learnt of the unfortunate death of Father Cosmas Ondari, in Mamfe, Cameroon, allegedly by Cameroon Government soldiers, outside Mamfe Parish Church.
- The Government of the Republic of Kenya, through its High Commission in Abuja, Nigeria, has urgently and formally inquired from the Government of the Republic of Cameroon about the circumstance leading to Father Ondari’s death.
- As we mourn the death of one of our citizens, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kenya, continues to relentlessly pursue anwers about this sad event.
- The Ministry assures the Church and all Kenyans that we shall not abandon our commitment to the well being of All Kenyans everywhere. We encourage our nationals to remain eternally vigilant, especially in areas where security cannot be completely guaranteed.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kenya conveys its deepest and most heartfelt condolences to the family, colleagues and friends of the late Father Cosmas Ondari. May Almighty God Rest His Soul in Eternal Peace.
Amb. Macharia Kamau, MBS
Ministry of Foreign Affairs